Lower your risks of Foreign Object Damage with this workhorse! Make runway and ramp sweeping a breeze with this compact and efficient mechanical brush system for removing sand, rocks, metal parts, chipped concrete, asphalt, safety wire and other ferrous and non-ferrous objects. Get top-notch value for your sweeping dollars — your FOD removal costs drop dramatically when you hook up one of these efficient, traction-driven FODBUSTERS® to your flight line vehicle and turn it into a powerful sweeping machine.
“We have been using the FODBUSTER® for over a year now and it is working great! It has definitely made our FOD sweeping operation very effective and efficient.” – Himsel Army Airfield, Atterbury-Muscatatuck Training Center (October 19, 2017)
Benefits of the FODBUSTER® FOD Sweeper
- Picks up larger objects like broken pavement chunks, aircraft maintenance debris and ramp-service litter.
- Manually adjust brush height to meet sweeping conditions; ideal for uneven surfaces, deep cracks or deteriorating pavement.
- Easy, one-person operation makes hitching and operation a piece of cake. If you can drive a vehicle towing a trailer, you can sweep with a FODBUSTER®.
- Lower maintenance costs. Our innovative design eliminates motors, hydraulics, vacuum attachments and fuel – along with the parts, labor and downtime required to service them.
- Saves you money on replacement parts with our durable, long-life nylon brushes – rated for 6000+ sweeping miles.
- Long Service Life — expect a lifespan over a decade long with this reliable sweeper.
- The optional Power Bar™ Magnetic Sweeper attachment enhances the collection of ferrous metal debris in areas where this is of special concern.
- Made in the USA!
“We really love what the magnetic Power Bar™ attachment adds to our FOD recovery process. We are definitely satisfied with all of the products that we have ordered from your company.” – 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB
Unlike most magnetic sweepers, the FODBUSTER® is a light trailer, not a heavy, gas-guzzling truck. Weighing only 780 lbs / 353 kg (model FBR-8, empty weight), it can be towed by most ground support vehicles.
“We should have bought this unit years ago!” – Airfield Manager, McClellan AFB
Side-Mounted Debris HoppersUnload FOD safely and easily. The FODBUSTER® efficiently deposits debris in easily accessible hoppers. Slide out, empty debris, slide back in. Each hopper will hold approximately 40-50 lbs / 18-23 kg.
Durable Nylon BrushesThe best long term durability and sweeping action available in a non-metallic bristle. Our nylon brushes will last twice as long as polypropylene alternatives. Replacement is easy and quick (20 minutes).
Pintle Hook or Ball HitchA full 21 inches of adjustment. Tow the FODBUSTER® behind virtually any vehicle, including high-clearance. Also note the adjustable wheeled support jack with foot brake.
Magnetic Sweeper OptionAttach one of our optional POWER BAR™ Magnetic Sweepers to remove large and small ferrous metal debris that may be hiding below the surface in aircraft tie-downs, grounding points or concrete expansion joints.
Adjustable Sweeping HeightA threaded stainless steel rod attached to a single hand crank makes adjusting brush height easy and fast. Turning the crank clockwise to raise the brush or turning the crank counter clockwise to lower the brush permits a very light bristle-to-ground contact which is all that’s needed with our superior nylon brushes.
Detachable Tow BarQuick and easy deployment via air or truck if needed. With the tow bar detached and strapped to the unit, you can ship or store the sweeper in a vertical position, reducing space requirements.
“Works Perfect! You should be getting more orders very soon.” – 36th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB