CrackSweep High Performance Suction FOD Killer
Designed exclusively to rid your ramp of embedded Foreign Object Debris in recessed areas, the CrackSweep uses a simple principle of aerodynamics — restricting airflow increases its velocity — to concentrate suction straight down into hard-to-reach places, such as grounding points, cracks, aircraft tie downs, concrete expansion joints and door tracks. A brawny ¼” (0.64 cm) plate steel impeller, poised above a specially engineered suction baffle, produces a whirlwind vortex — sucking up, punching and crunching rocks, hardware, glass, paper and other FOD before flinging it safely and quickly into the heavy-duty capture bag. No other walk-behind vacuum has the ability to suck FOD from cracks and holes like the concentrated suction of the CrackSweep.
RAMP VAC Walk-Behind Vacuum Sweeper, with Quick Draw Side Hose
Nicknamed “Fodzilla”, the RAMP VAC will hunt down Foreign Object (FOD) across broad sweeping areas inaccessible to other sweepers, such as hard stands, passenger gates, fences, GSE parking spots and hidden corners between buildings. The full 30″ (76 cm) intake covers a lot of territory, while the Quick Draw Side Hose and auto baffle give your operator the ability to reach into places where hidden “sleeper” FOD threatens to ambush crews less diligent than yours. Use the RAMP VAC to handle sweeping along the perimeter of your operations ramp where treacherous FOD can blow onto your aircraft operations area without warning.
Is your facility trying to improve local air quality? You can opt for the propane-fueled version of the Cracksweep or RAMP VAC (which also come in gasoline-fueled versions). Propane burns more cleanly than gasoline, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen and greenhouse gasses into the environment.
Here’s an example of how our walk-behind vacuums can help you — Sample Use Case: Crowded Cargo Ramp.
Included with both models
- 6Hp Briggs & Stratton Intec, EPA certified Gasoline Powered Engine (optional Propane version)
- Spark Arresting Muffler Assembly — Safe to operate near brushy perimeter areas or grassy medians (US Forest Service approved)
- Brawny formed and welded steel modular design, made to last during travel, hard use and operation in difficult terrain
- Impeller Shaft Guard prevents wire, string etc. from binding on shaft
- 11 cu. ft. (0.311 m3) capacity rot-resistant Polyester capture bags with easy-empty 55″ (140 cm) zipper and screened vent for dust control
- Snap-on dolly assembly keeps machine in perfect balance at all times and prevents damaging strain on the litter bag
- Nimble handling at only 54″ (137 cm) in length
Included with CrackSweep
- Suction Performance Attachment for deep cleaning
- Front & Side Tracking Wheel Assemblies for straddling joints, tracks and cracks
Included with RAMP VAC
- 30″ (76 cm) Intake — Covers a wide area while remaining highly maneuverable
- Quick Draw Side Hose — The turn of a lever instantly activates the 4″ (10 cm) diameter, 10′ (305 cm) long hose, creating maximum suction for pinpoint hose power. This handy tool extends the operator’s reach, encouraging thorough sweeps of otherwise-neglected tight spots
Existing Operators: Download and read this Bag Cycling Strategy white paper to extend the life of your debris bags.